Hi! Welcome to my A level media blog. My name is Molly Sullivan (0816).

I'm in Group 4 with Maisie MacGregor (0506), Mari Leach (0440), and Ellie Brackpool (0100)

You can navigate my blog by using the column on the right hand side where you will find the following labels:
A2 Prelim, A2 Research and Planning, A2 Production and also a link to all of the work I did for AS.
There's also a link to the Latymer music video blog as well as a live link to the group's Facebook group.

Click here to access the group's Facebook page.

Thank you and I hope you enjoy my blog!

Our Music Video

Digipack

Digipack
Front and back cover of the album.

Digipack

Digipack
Inside covers of the album

Click To Enter Our Website

Friday 20 June 2014

4) Evaluation - How do you think your prelim experiences will impact on your approach to next term's music video coursework?

The skills I learnt through lipsynching will help me a lot in our music video next year if I have a part which requires singing. This will save time in the rehearsal process leading up to the shoot as I will already have experience in learning how to lipsynch and will help to make the video look authentic.

The role of boot girl required some lipsynching, as well as the role of Matty.


One of the most useful things I have observed and learnt throughout this process is the importance of organisation and time keeping, not only during a shoot, but in the weeks leading up to it. This will have a huge impact on the way I work and go about tasks in my coursework next year as this is an issue I usually struggle with.

The sheets on the wall in the background, had lists of cast/crew/call times/ and shot by shot shoot boards to help organise the day.


The audition and casting process was completely new to me, and is not something I had encountered before so I especially had a lot to learn from this aspect of the experience. This will be useful when it comes to creating my own music video next year when I will have my own say in who is cast for each role, instead of our director and producer. Creating our audition videos was quite a daunting task for me at the beginning of the process, but once it was over I felt more confident with myself. This will have a positive impact on the music video shoot I do next year, and I will be more willing to be in the video than I would have prior to this task.


This was the first time I had ever worked with such a large cast and crew on set, and was a very different working environment to what I am normally used to, where previously I have worked in groups of 4 max.



Hair department in action.

This will be extremely useful to me when I have to work in another large group in our music video next year, where different departments come together; such as the lighting department, the cast, the makeup and hair department, the camera ops etc etc.- where it's important to create a fun and hard working atmosphere for everyone involved, as the shoot days are usually long and tiring.



Members of the crew working up on the lighting desk.

Set design was a crucial aspect into the making of the video.

 This process has also taught me how important communication is between the different departments, especially the director.


Our director, Dom, taking a quick break on set.


No comments:

Post a Comment