Hi! Welcome to my A level media blog. My name is Molly Sullivan (0816).

I'm in Group 4 with Maisie MacGregor (0506), Mari Leach (0440), and Ellie Brackpool (0100)

You can navigate my blog by using the column on the right hand side where you will find the following labels:
A2 Prelim, A2 Research and Planning, A2 Production and also a link to all of the work I did for AS.
There's also a link to the Latymer music video blog as well as a live link to the group's Facebook group.

Click here to access the group's Facebook page.

Thank you and I hope you enjoy my blog!

Our Music Video

Digipack

Digipack
Front and back cover of the album.

Digipack

Digipack
Inside covers of the album

Click To Enter Our Website

Thursday 11 September 2014

Research - Influential Styles/Movements/Periods - of Film, Music Video, Art, Adverts, Fashion etc



This video is a montage of the new House of Vans in London that is a new social hub for skating and arts. It seems to have a really good vibe, full of creativity and energy among young people. It's a really good example of the type of youth culture I would like to portray in our video.


Gif from Skins generation 2


Gif from Skins generation 2
The two gifs I made are from clips of Skins episodes from the third series. Skins is a show that represents people of our own age, doing typical things that people our age do, often frowned upon by adults but it is often quite relatable to our own characters, or characters of our friends. Although the story line is somewhat exaggerated and could be seen to glamourise abuse of drugs and alcohol, mental health, among other touchy subjects, it also gave a sense of release and freedom to our generation, showing us that perhaps some of things we feel aren't so abnormal.



Here is a trailer made by 4Creative for the second series of Skins. The reason why Skins has influenced/inspired me in this process is because I would like to create a narrative for my music video that focuses on one close group of friends, like the groups in Skins. However, I would like to create a more light-hearted, summery feel to the video, and not explore the darker and more psychological sides to the characters like they do in Skins.



This is one of my favourite songs ever, and I first heard it when it was played on Skins in the series 5 finale. This song has a very nostalgic feel to it, a song which always reminds me of summer with my friends. The lyrics are quite coming-of-age styled, with phrases such as "we are a mess, we are failures, and we love it" all to a really cheerful tune, giving off a care-free attitude. 

This was the first time that I had actually watched this video - which is strange as it is one of my favourite songs - but while watching it I realised the first half of the song that's filmed in the day time, is right at the bottom of my road! And all of the shots by the field/forest and golf course are all places where me and my friends go in the summer for field parties etc. So this was really strange for me because I uesd this song as inspiration for my video I want to make based around my friends and having fun, to find out it was filmed in the exact same spot where me and my friends hang out!

No comments:

Post a Comment