Hi! Welcome to my A level media blog. My name is Molly Sullivan (0816).

I'm in Group 4 with Maisie MacGregor (0506), Mari Leach (0440), and Ellie Brackpool (0100)

You can navigate my blog by using the column on the right hand side where you will find the following labels:
A2 Prelim, A2 Research and Planning, A2 Production and also a link to all of the work I did for AS.
There's also a link to the Latymer music video blog as well as a live link to the group's Facebook group.

Click here to access the group's Facebook page.

Thank you and I hope you enjoy my blog!

Our Music Video

Digipack

Digipack
Front and back cover of the album.

Digipack

Digipack
Inside covers of the album

Click To Enter Our Website

Friday 5 September 2014

Research - What Music Means To Me

The following videos are songs that have been significant to me at different stages in my life.

The Who and Red Hot Chili Peppers are two bands that were played a lot at home, and in car journeys from when I was born; I still listen to both of these bands, and have seen the Chili Peppers live. Music that I listened to when I was a child has very much influenced my music taste today. Although The Who have been a band for longer than I've been alive, I borrow their albums from my dad to put onto my iTunes and still listen to them today. The Chili Peppers, along with Green Day were some of the first modern bands that got me into punk/rock music, introducing me to countless different bands of all different genres that I would never have discovered otherwise.






Mr Brightside is a song that is significant to me, and a lot of people my age. Whether you like this song or not, it's almost impossible to claim that you have never sung along to this song at the top of your voice at some sort of occasion. Mr Brightside is definitely an anthem of my generation and will stick with me forever. It's one of those songs that if it was played in 50 years time, I would still know all the words.





The song Naive is important to me in a very similar way as Mr Brightside. This song reminds me of my friends and good times in general. Me and my friends all love this song, and is definitely one of my most played songs ever!



Basement are without a doubt one of my favourite bands. I only started getting into Basement when I heard the news that they were breaking up as lots of people I follow on twitter were going to their farewell tour. Ironically, after listening to them just once they quickly became an obsession of mine..right after they had just broken up. Luckily for me, they have since got back together and I got to see them at Reading Fest this year; even though I went on my own as none of my friends know them, I still had the best time and can't wait to see them again at their show next month!




Basement are a really important band to me, they represent a period of my life where my music taste really expanded, and I feel like a completely different person with the bands I listen to now as it's almost like belonging to a community. This 'community' is made up of people I've met through Twitter and sometimes Tumblr who all have the same shared interest in music, especially the same 3 or 4 genres and sub-genres. Meeting these people through Twitter and then seeing them at shows and festivals is great, and is now a major part of my life. The following for Basement aren't huge, and they'll never sell out Wembley but their fan base is incredibly loyal and intense. I've picked this song from this record as this was the first album I ever bought on vinyl and this song is one of my favourites.




No comments:

Post a Comment