Hi! Welcome to my A level media blog. My name is Molly Sullivan (0816).

I'm in Group 4 with Maisie MacGregor (0506), Mari Leach (0440), and Ellie Brackpool (0100)

You can navigate my blog by using the column on the right hand side where you will find the following labels:
A2 Prelim, A2 Research and Planning, A2 Production and also a link to all of the work I did for AS.
There's also a link to the Latymer music video blog as well as a live link to the group's Facebook group.

Click here to access the group's Facebook page.

Thank you and I hope you enjoy my blog!

Our Music Video

Digipack

Digipack
Front and back cover of the album.

Digipack

Digipack
Inside covers of the album

Click To Enter Our Website

Sunday 7 September 2014

Research - My Music Consumption



















Music is generally a huge part of my life and has definitely shaped the person I am today. When I wake up for school I like to put on some upbeat music while I'm getting ready to help wake me up a bit, at the moment The 1975 is the album I play in the mornings as it puts me in a happy mood. I have to listen to music on the bus to and from school every day, the thought of getting on public transport without my headphones genuinely horrifies me.

The three pictures below are screenshots I took on my phone are from the album section in my iPod. These are all album covers of songs I have on my own, the pictures show a wide range in
genres amongst the albums, from classic rock, to indie/folk, and from metalcore to hip hop. My personal music libary is very diverse. However, I don't have much recent music on my phone as I have been using my Spotify premium account a lot lately which lets me listen to loads of music in playlists I create for about £5 a month.







                             

As well as music being a part of my day-to-day life, it also plays a huge part of my social life, I love going to gigs and concerts as often as I can, and I would say that the money I've spent on buying tickets for shows outweighs the amount of money I've spent on buying music, tenfold. I've seen over 90 bands/artists live and have been to 7 festivals, where I 've created some of my most favourite memories!

These are 4 photos I took myself and I think they are good examples to show the different ways I experience live music. The first two pictures were taken at The Camden Underworld when I was seeing a band called Your Demise play their last ever show. They weren't a huge band but they had a really dedicated fanbase and to be part of their final ever show as a band was special, the atmosphere in that small, dingy venue that night was something contagious and it's a night I won't forget.



These pictures show just how small and intimate the gig was, the stage only being two feet off of the floor without a barrier between the fans and the band. This meant that there was constant stage diving and at the end, I got on stage with the band for their last song. This is the reason I like being at small gigs, the atmosphere is something you just cannot match at a stadium or an arena sized concert. The sense of community is a lot more stronger in venues like The Underworld.


At the other end of the spectrum of live music experiences is the festival. I took these two pictures at Reading Festival this year at the main stage. The vibe in a festival crowd is so different, when a song gets played that everyone knows and the whole crowd sings along, it's one of the best feelings ever and the music unites everyone to create an amazing atmosphere.



No comments:

Post a Comment